KöR Whitening Overview
If you are interested in whitening your teeth for a more radiant smile, KöR whitening systems from Tupelo Smiles Family and Cosmetic Dentistry may be just the solution you need. KöR systems utilize advanced whitening formulas that dissolve deep stains within tooth enamel to create a brighter, whiter smile. The KöR whitening program can also be a great option if you have certain concerns, such as sensitive teeth, fluorosis, or discoloration caused by tetracycline (an antibiotic often used to treat infections and chronic acne). General and cosmetic dentists Dr. Richard Caron and Dr. John Kenney will personalize your KöR whitening system based on your goals, needs, and more to help generate the best possible results. Schedule an appointment at our office in Tupelo, MS to find out more information about KöR teeth whitening and to see if these in-office or at-home treatments are right for your smile.
Best Candidates for KöR Whitening
Ideal candidates for KöR whitening treatment should have teeth and gums that are healthy. The enamel may be dull from aging, stained from foods and drinks, or yellowed from tobacco usage or other reasons. KöR systems are uniquely formulated to treat patients with special concerns and intrinsic teeth stains that other whitening products cannot address. For instance, this method can be effective in cases of fluorosis (stripes or lines on the teeth from excessive fluoride uptake while the teeth were developing), discoloration or stains from aging (dark geriatric staining), and discoloration from taking tetracycline medication as a child. During your consultation, doctors Caron or Kenney will evaluate your teeth and help you determine if a custom KöR treatment program can help you meet your cosmetic goals.
What To Expect with KöR® Whitening
A KöR treatment program can include home and/or in-office treatments based upon your needs and goals. Our team will discuss your personal treatment program and then schedule your in-office treatment or put together your home kit. KöR does not use any lasers or lights to whiten the teeth. For both in-office treatments and home kits, we will take impressions of your mouth and make custom teeth whitening trays that fit securely yet comfortably over your upper and lower teeth. The gels are then placed in the trays and worn for a specific period of time. You may wish to have a professional cleaning before starting your whitening program as this removes tartar and plaque buildup and can allow for the best possible treatment results.
Home Teeth Whitening
You may achieve your aesthetic goals with the following KöR home treatment choices:
- KöR-Day is used for a short period of time, which makes it ideal for patients with sensitive teeth. The 9% hydrogen peroxide solution may be used 1 – 2 times a day for around two weeks.
- KöR-Night is used overnight while you sleep. The 16% carbamide peroxide solution should be applied each night for approximately two weeks.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
For special cases or for quicker improvements, there are numerous in-office KöR whitening options:
- KöR MAX joins one in-office treatment of 34% tri-barrel hydremide peroxide gel with two weeks of KöR-Night treatments. This is often best for patients who do not have any special needs and want rapid results.
- KöR ULTRA is effective at treating teeth discolored by fluorosis or dark geriatric staining. It begins with an in-office conditioning therapy of 13% hydremide peroxide gel, then 3 – 4 weeks of KöR-Night treatments. After this, one in-office treatment with 34% hydremide peroxide gel is applied.
- KöR ULTRA-T is one of the few treatments that may improve enamel stained by tetracycline use. To begin, an in-office conditioning procedure with 13% hydremide peroxide gel is performed. Afterward, KöR-Night treatments are used at home for 6 – 8 weeks. Finally, the process is completed with an in-office treatment of 34% hydremide peroxide gel.
KöR Whitening Follow-Up
As soon as you have finished your KöR program and reached your cosmetic goal, you may wish to keep a KöR kit at home to refresh your results as needed. To maintain your whitening outcome, it is important to maintain a good home oral hygiene regimen with daily brushing and flossing. It is also wise to attend routine cleanings at Tupelo Smiles Family and Cosmetic Dentistry to eliminate plaque, tartar, and surface stains. You might also consider avoiding or limiting staining foods and beverages, such as coffee, berries, and red wine, and using tobacco.
KöR Home and Office Whitening
Find out more information about the various KöR in-office and home whitening treatments available at Tupelo Smiles Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. With unique formulas to meet your needs and aesthetic goals, Doctors Caron or Kenney can customize your KöR treatment plan to optimize your smile results. Schedule an appointment at our practice in Tupelo, MS.